Sahana Alerting and Messaging Broker (SAMBRO) has been accepted by Department of Hydrology and Meteorology (DHM) for disseminating warnings Nepal. I am setting up the system in their office and customizing it to meet their needs. SAMBRO will be hosted in the DMH main office in Kathmandu. National Emergency Operations Center (NEOC) will also be a user. DHM and NEOC plan to disseminate warnings to their staff members at various places in Nepal.
The implementation is a component of the Nepal Flood Resilience Project (NFRP). It is supported by Practical Action of Nepal. They belong to the Global Flood Resilience Programme (GFRP).
The work involves:
- Implementing SAMBRO that is based on the Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) v 1.2
- Enable the dissemination of warnings using several media channels: Email, Twitter, SMS, Facebook.
- Activate CAP RSS feed for other CAP aggregators like Google Public Alerting and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) Alert Hub to make use of the warnings.
- Develop the software operations capacity of DHM and NEOC system administrator
- Build DHM and NEOC capacity to use SAMBRO and adopt the CAP messaging standard.
You actually make it appear really easy together with your presentation but I in finding this topic to be actually something which I feel I might never understand. It sort of feels too complex and extremely vast for me. I’m looking ahead to your subsequent publish, I will try to get the hang of it!
Thanks Alex for taking time to read and your comments!